I’ve noticed a lot of people still run poorly optimized pages and servers setups lately. If you are running a ripped landing page, then you will want to follow these 12 steps. Most of the time the pages in spy tools have extremely large page file sizes, huge images being scaled, and tons of other issues.
Before you spend money on traffic, make sure the page loads decently. Just a few minutes here could make or break the campaign. If the page is poorly optimized, then you will drop a large number of clicks. Normally after they hit your tracking link, making it look like they just bounced. When in reality, they never made it to your presell page. They are dropping from getting tired of waiting for it to connect, or timed out.
- Run the website in GTmetrix
- Do not scale images on the server end of things. If you must, be sure to reduce the size so it takes less resources to scale them.
- Do not link out to other domains outside of the page you are running on. You do not want to depend on another persons server to keep up with the demand.
- You want to have a server connection time under 600ms. Not rendering, but just time it takes for the server to respond when you ping it. Render time you want under 1.5 seconds.
- Run a dual core or quad core CPU setup using a bare minimum of 2GB of ram.
- Download all the images from the page, and compress them. Re-upload them to replace with smaller image files. Compress JPEGs | Compress PNGs
- Minify Your CSS HTML and Jscript.
- Use a CDN, Even if its just a free plan from cloudflare. If you use Google analytics, this is the best route to take.
- The total page size should be under 1mb with a request count under 50.
- Reduce blocking of page rendering. Move JS scripts to the footer & Use Asynchronous code whenever possible. Use the waterfall report in gtmetrix to optimize this section.
- Only Use Browser Caching If required. This is mostly for WordPress users.
- Avoid as many URL redirects as possible.